Thread: open minded
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 09:40 AM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
Campus intolerance by student body and some faculty is well documented. My son who is currently working on his doctoral thesis decided to look at institutional bias in the acceptance process of doctoral applicants. It is absolutely amazing at the data he's uncovered. He sent applications as a "fictional doctoral student" whose background included memberships in conservative groups such as Young Republicans, etc., to a whole host of institutions. After the application process was complete and acceptance was accepted or rejected he had to notify these institutions that the "applicant" was just for research purposes. Some of these boards were livid that they could be exposed in a published research thesis. His university and adviser have received lots of blowback from University selection committees that do not wish to be exposed as biased.
And I can concur having worked at a college in the Facility Department. I was told it would be ill advised to be seen as Right of center.
We could have long discussions about Education "Professionals"

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin