View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 02:10 PM   #8
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR
I don't want to be a thread crapper here but we have noticed more than a few commercial plug builders coming to S-B lately and covertly pushing some product. As stated in the registration agreement (see below), the official S-B policy is that selling plugs through S-B, unless a Sponsor, is verboten. We do have sponsors that help keep the lights on here, supporting our sponsors is important.

Commercial Advertising without written permission from Striped-Bass.com is Strictly Prohibited, this includes self promotion and promotion of external entities. This is locally considered "SPAM" and is prohibited at Striped-Bass.com

Now, we have also had an understanding here that if a non-commercial builder sells a couple plugs to a fellow member -on occasion - to help offset "costs", that is overlooked. Commercial selling, spamming, redirecting of people to external sources (for example EBAY, another website or tackle shop) to promote or sell product is verboten...

So again, sorry to be a crapper here but rules are the rules and we are trying to be fair to our members and the sponsors. We have a Fantastic community here, and for one, I'd hate to see people take advantage of our members.

Thanks,

John

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
Striped-Bass.com

OK John, that is fine but what about any rule about commercial builders posting pics of their stuff that they are proud to just show off? anything about that? specifically? I don't know where the line is drawn. I see nothing wrong with someone who is not a sponsor who wants to join in and put a picture or 3 up of some interesting plugs they may have to show us.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote