View Single Post
Old 07-07-2022, 07:28 AM   #6
Rockfish9

It's been "stupid fishing" since may, day night, doesnt matter, river, beach, 3 miles out doesnt matter..the only thing that does matter is what size you want to target.. this year is the first time since the late 90s I leave fish to find fish, I've boated, measured and released 2 fish over 50" , one at 51, the other at 53, quick measurement boat side(outside of boat is marked to 60")and released..both of those fish on live eels at night..
Bait is everywhere, river has sand eels and herring, pogie schools randomly roam the beach front out to 160 FOW,sand eels, soft shell crabs and baby lobsters are the bass feed in the surf, Mackerel showed up big time last week, tuesday morning took 15 minutes to fill the bait tank and a 5 gallon bucket.and I didnt go far.
Tuesday was wolf packs of small and mid sized slot fish pounding herring drops in the river, small 26" fish Along the beach, I moved several times, but never found the cows before I was out of bait, the ledges at the 3 mile line were a comercial parking lot.. everyone's a hero when the fishing is easy..
Water temp is 58, the river is running 58 to 60 late into the drop and it is all salt water..until the very bottom
..lobsters are crawling pretty good along the sand, averaging a keeper per trap on 3 day soak..
Good times right now, bass are gorged and getting a little fussier, feeding for short periods of time, resting for longer periods..
One note in the circle. Hook, the owner Matu light TOURNOMENT in line circle is superior to any other circle..I've tried them all.. it hooks up 99% of the time, and always right in the jaw, Mack's can be hooked through the nose, pogies because if their width are better bridled, over 300 fish on live bait this year, only 1 gut hooked slot fish..which made a hell of a fisherman's stew.
It's as good as it gets, fish now, it wont last forever..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote