View Single Post
Old 07-08-2022, 07:50 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You’re a blind follower

Remember Roe v Wade was in no danger

Abortion should be safe, legal, and rare—what worries me is Republicans are now coming to take away birth control, too.

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said he is willing to help Texas overturn gay marriage and uphold sodomy laws at the Supreme Court based on Clarence Thomas’ concurrence.

BOTH FLORIDA U.S. SENATORS Rick Scott & Marco Rubio have gone on record saying they want to cut Social Security.

FLORIDA's Governor DeSantis vetoed $2 million meant to help low-income people access long-acting birth control—which had been sent to his desk with bipartisan support.

Mississippi Governor Reeves would not say whether he would sign legislation banning birth control.

Clarence Thomas’s concurrence in Dobbs explicitly called for reconsidering a host of other legal protections, from birth control (Griswold), same-sex sexual relations (Lawrence), and same-sex marriage (Obergefell). Marginalized communities will be targeted. It will not stop here.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
you’re not a blind follower, but I am? Keep telling yourself
that

Yes, i said many times I’d never live to see Roe overturned. I was speculating, as we all do, and i got that vine spectacularly wrong, as we all sometimes so ( not you though, your predictions are 100% accurate.)

What are you expecting in november? That the democrats gain house seats?

Why should abortion be rare? That’s stupid. The only way to justify abortion is to believe that the unborn is an ina image object, in which case abortion is no more of a moral dilemma than removing a mole. A million times a year isn’t rare.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device