View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #6
SeaWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbskull View Post
What is a Gen 2 super surf? Is this their Infinity line or something else?
Have you (or anyone else) laid hands on Lami's infinity rods?
hi 'skull. the SSG2 is lami's new, middle-series between the Infinity and the GSB rods as far as price. lami, supposedly, redesigned the original SS series, or just made a new series, and put the w/ the SS name on them. they have a lot of the newer blank technologies in them, but do not have the 3M technology. 4 2-piece models and 1 1-piece model. they are in the 2014 catalog. rods/blanks to be released in about a month or so. the SSG2 production rods do not have the "Paco" grip (pic wrong in catalog), but just shrink flock over the blank, Fuji NPS reel seats and "K" guides, I assume alconite rings.

i had a chance to touch a couple Infinity rods, but i'm not sure which generation they were. i think gen 1, as they were matte finish. they changed them for this fall by adding a gloss coating over the original matte finish. they were supposed to change the action to make them slightly stiffer, but i don't think they modified the action/power. the rods have a K 50 (ha!) catch guide and are COF for the most part (ha!). the Inifinity's i touched didn't feel bad tho, but i never casted one.

i had an interest in the fiberstar's, but i don't like 50/50 splits. another company's 50/50 split blanks i touched i could feel the dead spot. maybe this fall i can check some out.
SeaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote