View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
Saltheart

Whether I use the Fuji Concept or NGC or the KR spacing schemes , I do not follow there recommendations to evenly space the runners. I use a preogressive spacing because the blank is tapered and that calls for progressive spacing in my mind. I think you will find that if you correctly apply any of the guide spacing systems , you always start with a stress test. The stress test also supports the idea of progressive spacing unless the blank is almost uniform in thickness with almost no taper. Now when I say I progressively space the runners , its not a huge difference between each. Instead of 6 for each I may use 5.5 , 5.75 , 6 , 6.25 , and 6.5.

Numby's comments about the line flow between the runners is very true. The biggest application where I see a miss application of the runner spacings where line flow gets negatively affected is on LOw rider (LC) layouts.

Anyway , on the topic of the thread , there is nothing wrong with progressively spacing the runners and in fact I think its better. Your mileage may vary.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote