View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 12:13 PM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Your out if touch liberals are leaving after making money and having worked jobs that have provide the means to do so. And the more moderate weather.

No one is fleeing liberal states as you suggest for jobs or housing or better schools or just for less taxes .. that’s your fantasy

Have people moved for those reasons I am sure some have ... it both directions

The Sales Tax Rate for Tennessee is 9.5%. The US average is 7.3%.
- The Income Tax Rate for Tennessee is 0.0%. The Average is 4.6

No ones moving to save 3%
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I'm not talking about wealthy liberals who want to retire and play golf every day. I'm talking about people who literally can't afford to live in liberal states, who move to conservative states which are cheaper, and they can't connect the dots.

Is that really going too fast for you? You don't seem to have any idea what I find funny. Presumably, you're a person who can never, ever admit that liberalism has flaws.

"The Sales Tax Rate for Tennessee is 9.5%. The US average is 7.3%.
- The Income Tax Rate for Tennessee is 0.0%. The Average is 4.6

No ones moving to save 3%"

No one spends 100% of their income, on things that are subject to state sales tax either. So the savings is way, way more than 3%. Also, you can't compare TN to "average" tax rates, compare it to "average liberal" tax rates, you'll see the savings. People aren't moving from TX to TN for taxes. But they are moving from CT to TN for taxes.

I did the math to help my brother figure out what he'd save by moving his family and business from CT to the suburbs of Nashville. He saved a fortune, and he'd tell you the quality of life is better.