View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 09:46 AM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Jim, is it also your perception that quality public servants are being cleaned out and replaced by inexperienced sycophants to not question the President’s bidding?

Is it your perception that decorated veterans are being punished and shamed for upholding their oaths to the constitution, something you know a bit about.

Is it your perception that Trump is once again trying to gaslight the entire country about Russian election meddling contrary to our entire national security organizations and congressional duty to receive such information.

Is it?

You’re worried about your 401k, I’m worried about our Country.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
i concede that some good people have left because of trump, and that he says stupid and outlandish things. i am willing to tolerate that if it means national security is in good shape and that i can retire a year earlier because of what my ira is doing, and if he’s appointing judges who aren’t political activists. i don’t look to him to be any kind of role model for personal ethos. the side benefit is watching democrats willingly humiliate themselves every single day, but that’s just the cherry on top.

i want my mechanic to be able to fix
my car. i don’t especially care if he cheats on his wife or if he says loathsome things. when my wife is driving my kids around, i only care that the car is safe and reliable.

Similarly i want my potus to grow the economy, to kill terrorists, to look out for the unborn, and to appoint judges who abide by the constitution.

i’m results oriented. not style oriented. i hate his style, but care more about his results. you deny the results and obsess over style.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device