View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 09:58 AM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Jim are you really stating the extremely small sampling the Gallup poll takes is a true representation of the millions of Americans? Please stop suggesting we refuse to acknowledge the good things Trump has done, the simple truth is many, myself included, don’t see them as good. But hang in there, your defense ordeal is almost over, a vacation for your efforts is days away.
ok. so al of a sudden, you have reason to suspect their science is flawed. it may well be, but Gallup has been around for awhile, and i don’t recall you being skeptical. or are you only skeptical of polls you disagree with.

tax cuts
low unemployment
lowest black unemployment ever
soaring stock market
criminal justice reform
energy independence
peace accords in middle east
increased funding for black colleges
routing ISIS
no kids dying in questionable wars
very pro Israel

now, that’s not a comprehensive list of results, it’s only a list of what I’d call positive results. he had some big failures, did nothing to expand healthcare to the poor, etc. it also completely ignores his personality.

but when i look at that list, and i see a poll that says 56% of americans feel those things , altogether, improved their lives, i’m not sure
my reaction is to be doubtful. i would doubt that many americans would respond favorably to those things.

Do you?

if anyone else had accomplished these things, how different would the conversation be? and again, that doesn’t mean i think we should ignore his ethics, he absolutely should be measured by that as well.

But the democrats here seem completely unable
to ever talk about anything other than his horrible personality. that’s part of his presidency, but is it literally all there is? i don’t think it’s honest to ignore the good. When i say that, you guys tend to respond as if i’m saying ignore the bad, and i’ve never said that.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device