View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 11:33 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
Nobody mentioned John Kasich governor of Ohio....we do not need a jeb bush or hillary....R we going to be like the british and keep it in the family?
He is doing some great things in Ohio, no doubt. From an electoral perspective, I like Jeb Bush with Kasich as his running mate. If that ticket could deliver Florida and Ohio, NOW we have a chance to win. I'm not saying that's my dream ticket (my dream ticket is Newt Gingrich and Condaleeza Rice), but that ticket has some serious electoral muscle behind it. The GOP ain't winning without Florida AND Ohio. Have to have them both. That ticket could well deliver those 2 key states...Romney picked Paul Ryan, who was absolutely useless. I like Ryan, but he couldn't even deliver his home state...

I really like John Kasich, good you brougt him up.

As I said, I don't lik ethe idea of political dynasties, it's not healthy. But if Jeb Bush i sth eonly candidate with a realistic chance to beat Hilary in the general, that's who I want running against her.

Not all dynasties are equally bad. The Bushes are made up of Clinton anti-matter...Couldn't be more diametrically opposite in terms of values (one family has values, one has none). That goes a long way with me.

Hilary lied through her teeth about getting shot at by snipers in Kosovo or somewhere. I still don't understand how that doesn't end her career right there.