Thread: BAD RUMOR
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 11:49 PM   #22
BasicPatrick
M.S.B.A.

Location: I live in the Villiage of Hyannis in the Town of Barnstable in the Commonwealth of MA
Send a message via AIM to BasicPatrick Send a message via Yahoo to BasicPatrick
Hey all......

I was informed that the non commercial (rec and party/charter) tuna catch combined went way over...the number 3.5 times by Ronnie is probably right...make no mistake about it...there will be a corrective management action.

Let's face it...there has to be some cutback...effort has gone sky high. Sure it is because there are more fish but how do these year classes fill in to make up a healthy fisheriy if we blow thorugh the sustainable fishing numbers

Cites was a bull %$%$%$%$ idea and we all know that the overseas catch is pretty much unregulated....however

when we set the good umber and blow by it we have to cut back...

the key will be to drive enough comet to get a new size and bag that we can live with...no catch is unacceptable

I kow all the right people are on thsi already so just pay attention and the organized community will be coming out with info after next months meeting.

"It is impossible to complain and to achieve at the same time"--Basic Patrick (on a good day)

BasicPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote