Thread: OBL(UBL) Killed
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #27
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
congrats to all involved. I give credit to O for getting it done.
Kudos to all involved. It took years to find him. X,000s of soldiers and intelligence folks worked harder than we'll ever know to make that happen (and many prob. gave their lives). Obama was just luckily the pres. at the time. Not catching him was prob. Bush's biggest personnal disappointment but I know he was prob. thrilled to hear the news. He laid the ground work for yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Bin Laden was reportedly living in the Pakistani military equivalent of West Point. That's a little suspicious in my book. Anyone think the Pakistani's were aware that he was there and were harboring him? This could get really ugly, really fast.
They had to know - 100 yards from the military compound. I'm sure there are other compounds that are similiar but it seemed the measures (extra high walls, no phones, etc.) had to make someone extra suspicious. We'll prob. not make too much of it b/c we still need the Paks. as allies.

Gitmo- I still think it should be closed. I think it is a blight on what we as a nation stand for. I have read that most good intelligence is gotten not by tourture. We don't know if the info. was obtained by water boarding or by other means.

Obama gave his word he would close it, and any politician who doesn't keep his word deserves to have that taken into account when you enter the voting booth.