View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 12:45 AM   #11
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Thanks, Saltheart...

I never really knew much about the physics behind the blanks, just which characteristics I liked in certain situations based on personal experience

I looked around on the Lami site and saw the Triflex Surf Series for those CSB blanks - the only 1 piece I saw was a 10' rated at 1-4 if memory serves - composite may be the best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
If I could get my hands on an old SSB 136 3M, I would take it over a 121 3M. The SSB was my go-to beach spinning rod for a lot of years, from the mid-1980s almost until the turn of the century (remember when that term referred to the changeover from the 19th to the 20th?)...

But in a perfect world with a bigger budget, I would take an XRA 1205 over any glass rod.
A friend just PM'd me the other day that he has exactly the 136 3M I was looking for in brandy new shape that he wants to sell since he's thinning out the herd - so it looks like I'm set for this season, anyway...

I do know several guys who have the XRA - I'll have to test drive one with a bag full of eels

And yeah, I know about the perfect world scenario - I've already resolved to live my next life with considerably more money...

Thanks again, men...

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Crafty Angler is offline   Reply With Quote