Thread: Double standard
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 08:12 AM   #62
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So people have said that MAGA really means nothing more than support of Trump and that support has no racial aspect to it. If that is the case why are the many instances of students at games chanting MAGA or Trump to minority students on other teams. Seems like these students don't understand the true meaning of MAGA.

"A year and five days ago, I wrote for the first time about a phenomenon at high school games: white fans -- mainly students -- chanting "Trump" or waving Trump signs to try to initimidate opposing teams that had a larger nonwhite representation among its players. Alas, it's a trend that isn't abating -- reflecting other acts of cruelty by adults that have taken place as some white are emboldened by Donald Trump's presidential victory (and his executive actions against, for example, Muslims and immigrants) to lash out against minorities.

It's happening all over -- in the last few months, Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Texas, Iowa and Oklahoma. An Indiana coach blamed Trump's emboldening of racists for his black players being on the receiving end of racial slurs off the court."
"why are the many instances of students at games chanting MAGA or Trump to minority students on other teams"

Earth to Paul...there are some jerks out there, some stupid people, some mean people, some racist people, and they are on both sides. We don't take their behavior, and hold accountable everyone who voted the same way they did.

If I see someone in a Red Sox hat kill someone, does that say anything about other Red Sox fans?

"why are the many instances of students at games chanting MAGA or Trump to minority students on other teams"

Where was the evidence that Trump was to blame? It's very easy to blame him. Show me the proof.

He's not a good guy, not even close. But your side is trying to make him out to be much more. They said McCain was racist, and that Romney hated women. You lose credibility when you endlessly try to demonize everyone who is apolitical threat.

Can we ever talk about his policies? Ever? No one here disagrees that his behavior is disgusting. But he's not inciting racism.