View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I don't believe he was a wizard, but regardless...he got caught up in it when he was young and had long since repudiated the klan. You do realize you're stretching back to the 1940's don't you?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
He started a brand new chapter in WV, recruiting 150 of his buddies. Maybe he wasn't a wizard, I shouldn't have said that. Here is a quote from the man who was 4th in line for the Presidency...

"I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds"

But nothing to see here according to Spence, because Byrd just "got caught up in it".

He apologized many times for his deeds, that's a fact. He also used the n-word until the year of his death. Google it.

But Spence knows what's in the guy's heart. he's a democrat, therefore he's above reproach. We aren't allowed to disparage him.