View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #435
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

I once shot 12 squirrels one summer as they were eating all my peaches off my trees. A pellet gun took care of them but I have since cut those trees down and moved my peaches away from the tree line and out in the open and they don't bother them anymore. I have 3 outdoor cats so the squirrels are hunted all day long and rarely reach the feeders and they are squirrel proof feeders so they really don't waste their time if they are lucky to reach them.

I had 7 or 8 Robins at the feeder yesterday morning. I have to get more feed today as i am running low. Probably have the most Cardinals this year I have ever had. Sometimes there are 8 of them at the 3 feed locations I have in the yard at once. Going to grab some suet today as I have not put out any yet this year but came across 3 feeders in cellar yesterday so I'll fill them up. Still got my eye open for the flock of Bluebirds I see every winter but still a little early. Usually see a flock of at least 30 of them every winter. Also my compost pile is becoming a big hit with the birds again this year. I dump pretty much all my kitchen waste in there and the birds go thru it and seem to really enjoy the fruits and veggies and table scraps. It is always full of birds when I look out there.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote