View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 03:21 PM   #26
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Who cares about Rachael Maddow. Until the Dems. elect her President, I could care less as I've haven't seen her for more than 15 min. total in the last year."

My point was, and you already know this, that the anarchists are all left-leaning. Every Republican National Convention, every G-8 summit, every election that doesn't go their way, every time a white cop acts in self defense...you can count on the rioters.

"you think I can't pull up things Trump said that are insulting?"

Here's the difference Paul, and it is a yuuge difference. I can admit that Trump is a jerk. Most liberals cannot concede that Hilary is a jerkI don't think she is a jerk. YOu can dislike someone's policies but not agreeing with someone's policies doesn't make them a jerk., or a liarcompared to Pres Trump she is like a saint., or that she attacked her husband's victimssure, based on what her husband told her., or anything bad about her. There is certainly things "bad" with her but I would say she is a better person than Pres. Trump. Yuuge difference.

I loved your comments about cities. Yes, many cities have museums, symphonies, universities, etc. Is that all there is to cities, Paul? No downside? If there is a downside, how come you left it out?[COLOR="red"]sure cities are where the poor live. So they can be near the bus lines, the hospitals, the jobs, the social services, etc. So you then equate that since the poor live in cities that by and large are liberal, it is the liberal policies that make them poor[COLOR]. If you think liberals have helped those people, and made those cities better than they were 40 years agoNH has always had the same problems it has today. poor people being one of them. , of course you are entitled to that opinion.And West Haven doesn't have problems? On the verge of bancruptcy for years. It has to do a loss of manufacturing jobs.

You mention Charlotte again. I have news for you - Charlotte ain't liberal, not as we define it in New Englandno, but for NC it is where the liberals live.. The cost of living is low, the taxes are very low, it is extremely favorable to business. I'm not saying it's as right wing as some towns in Texas, but it's not an example of "liberalism that works", either. Especially in terms of economics.

"In NC it is CHarlotte that has all the growth"

Tell that to the real estate developers who can't build neighborhoods fast enough in the suburbs of Charlotte. I'm not saying Charlotte isn't growing, but it's not remotely true to say that Charlotte has all the growth. It is the economic driver of NC. Sure other areas have growth but just as many counties elsewhere that vote R have problems. Look at the states that depend on oil. The all vote R but are having big economic problems also.

You are making up jibberish, rather than concede that I have a point.

"Did he tweet that he went?"

Did his visit only help the rich, as WDMSO said?
I honestly didnt read his comment but you said he "quietly" went. I believe I heard he tweeted he went.

article about anarchists in todays NYT.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/02/u...e=sectionfront