View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 06:57 AM   #4
Mr. Sandman

No, I don't thing they are arrogant and most of them are champions of the of the sport with some big time anglers on the BOD who have pushed conservation measures in the past (ie tagging studies, circle hooks etc). But they are biased towards the offshore boating crowd who are in large part their members. So I doubt you ever see a shore div or a kayak div. I belonged for a long time but dropped them a year ago. If I catch a 90#er I may re-join.

(What made me upset was the blue fin tuna matter. The news letter had been highlighting how Europe and other countries are over harvesting to the almost to point of extinction. Then, they go on and accept a 2# fish as a record. This makes no sense to me. Personally I was hoping they would take more of a role in the international management of the species but little is getting done by anyone as far as I can see)

BTW, that was an impressive kayak catch down in VA. I am thinking of packing up the truck and going this season....REALLY! I just have to sell it to the wife. After a hard fished fall, Dec is normally a family month so if I blow it off and go to VA for a week or so it may cause some angst. Oh wait! She is going to the caribbean this spring with her sisters, I can use that as leverage

Last edited by Mr. Sandman; 03-20-2008 at 07:07 AM..
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote