View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 02:12 PM   #32
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

I have been interested enough to invest easily at least 20 hours into reading and research on this crypto, digital currency. Every time I think I may be getting onboard with throwing a small amount of USD at it, I read something that turns me away, usually by uncovering a further lack of protection from something that can override the software so that I can not access bitcoins in "my" electronic wallet. While I understand the difference from being a virtual currency, it is still close enough to be of the same cloth. And virtual is not real. Some smart people will do well, while some smart people will lose it all. Too illiquid from an investment point. Not enough true investors (mutual funds, PMs, or banks) involved to have liquidity. They aren't able to invest in bitcoin. Even hedge funds wouldn't invest to any meaningful degree. It just isn't ready to play in the big leagues due to not having enough development in protection, liquidity, regulation, or acceptance.
I am doing fine with my returns this year utilizing classical economics training and analytics from twenty years as a financial advisor in my previous life......
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote