View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 07:48 AM   #10
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Are you offended by the fact that she lied in order to claim that she deserves the same benefits that your people rightfully deserve?

In all seriousless, I am sorry if you were offended. If she hadn't lied (which should also offend you), I would have had nothing to comment on...
I'm not convinced she's lied and I don't believe you could prove it if you had to.

A lot of people have Native American ancestry and aren't official tribal members. To become a member of the Cherokee Tribe (as Warren claimed) I had to show evidence tracing my bloodline back to the original Dawes Rolls. Doing so doesn't get you a lot beyond tribal voting rights as the Cherokee don't have a minimum blood threshold...Both my kids are in process right now, it's not a quick thing. She appears to have believed she had Native American blood and other family members have said the same thing. If she genuinely believed this -- regardless if it's right or wrong -- how can you say she lied?

Why this would compel her to indicate minority status on a school directory I don't know, perhaps she just thought it was a neat thing and wanted to express it. More importantly though, from everything I've ever read she never gained any benefit from doing so and she was highly qualified for every position she achieved.

Remember the big reason this story was floated in the first place was because Scott Brown couldn't match her on the issues...it was all he had.

-spence

Last edited by spence; 04-25-2014 at 07:54 AM..