View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 09:54 PM   #24
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
There's two things money can't buy. and that's true love and homegrown tomatoes.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I bought a big tomato to go with my lunch today. The market labeled the tomatoes as "homegrown." It wasn't specified in whose home the tomatoes were grown. Maybe some big California agri-farm which uses migrant laborers who live somewhere on the property.

As for true love, if because of some legal dispute in which "true love" is supposed to be a factor, it goes before a Progressive judge, he/she might interpret, for social justice purposes, that true love does indeed involve money. Maybe like if some poor hooker type is just trying to make a living, that it is indeed "true love" for humanity, in the grand scale of things, to sell her favors in order to make some lonely guy happy.

And then there is the "true love" of money. Money can buy you as much of that true love as you can afford.

You have to be careful, Nebe, of putting your faith or rationality in any absolutes. We live in a world of Spencist relativity.