View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 02:17 PM   #13
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
BTW - Rooney didnt say this, false report.. Isnt it intersting that response in the media is that this is "racist commnetary". whihc I now know will piss of Johnny as much as me!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney4.asp
Quite frankly, I don't care who said it. Whomever it was, I'd like to share a beer with them.

I'm willing to bet I'm one of, if not the youngest member active in the Political forum. I've been raised in this culture of entitlement, litigation, tolerance and what I feel is the destruction of individual responsibility. I need to thank my mother more often for - as a single mother - raising me with an ability to use common-sense, rational, self-disciple and responsibility.

Society has lost the ability to think reasonably. People only consider how someone else has insulted them or how they can exploit any given situation. It disgusts me that mainstream media still allows people like Al Sharpton and Ann Coulter to be perceived as credible.

A black person is shot by a cop, it must've been racism even though the cops had a gun pulled on him. Al Sharpton is on the front lines leading protests for the cops to be tried for murder - inciting hatred and adding to racial tension. Or Massachusetts being a "No-Fault State": a woman cheats on her husband, then files for divorce yet she gets the kids, the house and a nice alimony check from the man. Then I've heard "well she got what she deserved." Really now?

And the current state of the society makes me include this disclaimer: I'm not the least bit racist. I have, what I'd like to this is a diverse group of friends - men, women, black, white, asian, gay and straight. I've also had similar conversations like this with almost all of them and most agree with me. I'm blunt, they know that and respect it.

This is one of the very few areas of discussion that completely sets me off.

Now, I'm pissed.