View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 10:25 AM   #41
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripersnipr View Post
Hmmm.....So you think I'm the only one who holds that opinion.
I think the Rangle issue has been distorted by both sides, few people are really listening to his own words anymore!
Quote:
Your interpretation of publicly available statements is sound (only if you agree with them) and all other interpretations are "utter nonsense", but on the other hand if you dont agree with publicly available statements they become right wing spin and are totally dismissed.
No, I only claimed your interpretation of Rangle's stunt was nonsense

Quote:
When someone takes exception to the "G.I's are stupid" mantra, you accuse them of "piling on" a silly post.
The only "G.I.'s are stupid" mantra is the one used to defame war critics by accusing them of defaming the troops.

I don't believe Scooby thinks our troops are dumb...but I do think he made a very inarticulate statement.

But considering how the Military is having to lower standards in order to meet enlistment targets, it's easy for some to draw a parallel to Vietnam era stigma's...in a slippery slope sort of way.

Quote:
You respond to others opinion by quickly reverting to veiled insults and third person name calling with your: idiocy, nonsense, makes no sense routine; All the while accusing others of not debating the issue. And dont forget, nothing personal here but "Its the Policy Stupid".
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

My comments are in context.

Unlike many, I don't cherry pick fringe kookisims and whitewash others so I can define my opponent as I'd like to see them. It's you who are trigger happy as any with the "left wing loony" retort to anything which is uncomfortable or difficult.

My insults are not veiled, I'm calling BULL%$%$%$%$ on this intellectually sloppy and boorish mode of communication you so embrace, which avoids the real issues in favor of a poke to the liberal straw man with an overworn stick.

Instead of getting all in a huff, how about responding to my utter nonsense post? The meat, the substance of the issue.

Would Congress and the President view using US force differently if the burden was shared not by just those who choose to sign up...but by those who enjoy it's protection!

It's a valid and perhaps critical question to ask at this juncture in the history of our country. As I've said before, yes, it's a stunt...but given how receptive the political climate has been for constructive debate, perhaps that's the only way to get the question addressed.

-spence