View Single Post
Old 11-19-2021, 09:42 AM   #2
Rockfish9

here I'm dividing and weighing the hops. I use the blue cooler on the right as a hot liquor tank, it has a 1800 watt heating element installed in it and is controlled by an inkbird controller, it also has a pump to pump my sparge water , all calibrated with ice water.I preheat this water before I start heating my brew tank because of the power consumption... once the water is heated to temp I can switch from manual to auto, this unit allows for up to 6 program/stages which come in real handy so babysitting the mash is minimal, as each stage is completed, an alarm sounds and the program switches to the next set up..
this unit has an intregal pump that recirculates water constantly, I've discovered that it needs to be set 4 degrees higher to get the correct temp, due to the sensor being down near the heating element to prevent scorching.

Once I've adjusted my water profile and heated my mash water, I can slowly dough in and start the program, the auto program wont start counting down until the preset temp. is reached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	weighing and seperating hops.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	68570   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mash in 1.jpg
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	68571   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mash in 2.jpg