View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 09:25 AM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Yes, I think you are a hypocrite on this subject. You would be the first to complain if a company moved from Stamford to Rye.

I don't like the govern. having to pick winners and losers and give $ to rich folks to keep their company from moving 6 miles over the border.

And I said earlier that it is good the jobs where saved. It means everything to those families. I believe it is 800 jobs not the 1100 Trump claimed.
"You would be the first to complain if a company moved from Stamford to Rye"

Wrong as usual. When companies leave CT, I point out (correctly) that it's a symptom of the real problem, and the real problem here in CT, is unchecked liberalism. I feel for the families when companies leave for neighboring states, but it is validation of my opinion that liberalism doesn't work.

"I don't like the govern. having to pick winners and losers and give $ to rich folks to keep their company from moving 6 miles over the border. "

Me either. So instead of giving them money, let's create a pro-business environment that applies to all companies evenly, in which companies have every reason to want to stay. What's wrong with that idea, exactly?