Thread: Sleep Apnea
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #33
Zeal
Always a Rookie

All nighters are terrible on the body as bart put it. I wish I was able to pull it off but it just kills me for 3 days. In case you guys are interested in studies, night workers and people who work nights and sleep during the day have been found to be prone to developing schizophrenia and other mental issues such as shift workers syndrome. They actually have a high percentage of developing it as well. Not a great thing.

Forget the physical results (seeing this and that disappear and reappear), just keep up with diet, don't do crazy exercise (swimming is king, if you can't do that, then walk, you just want your heart to pump and not beat out of your chest. Walking with a 5 degree incline on a treadmill gives you the same benefits to your bones and body as running around). But who needs a treadmill when you got dogs to walk and a beach for walking?

Keeping a log is an excellent idea as you can see what foods made you feel great and what foods made you feel kind of blah. Always be sure to comment in the journal on how you felt after each meal later on (i.e. what you ate for lunch, comment on how you felt right before you are going to have dinner). I had to do the same thing with both my exercise regiment and food. Its invaluable.

Restaurant business is tough, but even with the crazy scheduling you can still get a sleep habit out of all the chaos. It just takes time to figure out the rhythm on each different night.

Patients of mine who work in restaurants and bars usually are the ones coming to me to help fix their sleep. It's a tough gig but each one manages to get it down one way or another.

"Your first word was "Fishing", not "Mom", not "Dad", "FISHING." - Mom

Black, White, Chartreuse/Parrot = the Holy Trinity
Zeal is offline   Reply With Quote