View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 08:56 AM   #164
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
another one who in history he must have gotten a F

Our founders seeing the couldn't make the country they came from (england) great... came here for a better life what losers
Why couldn't they make England great? The immigrants going to England are making it great. London is finally great now.

Did the original colonists come here "for a better life" because what awaited them was a developed country ready to give them that better life, or because they could build that life themselves? Because they could create their version of a better life? Because they would finally be free to do so? Did they seek a better life in a place that offered it, ready made? Or did they seek the freedom to create one? And was freedom to make one's life and fortune the distinguishing character of the country they created, and which was the attraction for immigrants many years thereafter? Immigrants who, for those many years were given basically nothing other than freedom and responsibility? Was it immigration that made this country great? Or was it freedom?

I did not get an F in history? I'm thinking I probably did, at the least, as well as you?

Last edited by detbuch; 07-01-2018 at 09:21 AM..