View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 06:25 PM   #31
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Spence, I will give you a chance at growth here.
Please, just to make me happy can you from now on call me "little sprout" instead of "spence"?

Quote:
Real, adult, growth. Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, and Oprah Winfrey all made tons of money today. In my opinion, they didn't "steal" anything from the middle class. In my opinion, they made money because they make middle class customers want to buy their products VOLUNTARILY. These wealthy people are not confiscating anyone else's money. These wealthy people only get wealthier by making people want to freely choose to buy their products.

You tell me why I'm wrong, Spence. You tell all of us why every nickel those folks make, necessarily hurts someone else.
Our economy has shifted from more of a manufacturing base to more of a speculative base. On this alone the investor class has the upper hand.

It doesn't mean that the individual investor be it you, me or Oprah is necessarily a bad person. The issue is what the system appears to be doing long-term to the demographic and what this tells of the future of the American Dream.

Quote:
Either support that ridiculous statement, or admit that it's pure liberal bullsh*t.
Changed my mind. I'd actually like you to call me "Pyle" instead of "little sprout".

Quote:
Are there crooks out there that need to be watched? Obviously. But that's not what you said, nor is it what Obama is saying. You're saying that the wealth gap is "caused" by those at the top, and that is demonstrably false. You have been duped by a snake oil salesman, and if I was that gullable, I'd be upset about it.
Fortunately for both of us I'm a pretty smart guy and have done a lot of homework. What you think is "snake oil" is really just one of two major forces on our economy. They both keep us in balance.

-spence