View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 09:16 PM   #32
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Seems like they like it

more like paying homage to the Don of the Chicago Way...I thought you and he had a problem with corporations buying influence through big contributions?

Perhaps it like battered wife syndrome?

Perhaps that's Obama's point, that we have "underlying structural problems". Not sure where I've heard that before though...he's offered no solutions for the "underlying structural" problems to date

The problem with your assertion is that both democratic and republican politicians resemble your remark.

One might then intuit that ideology has little to do with the problem, and that you're entire premise is fundamentally invalid. it has everything to do with ideaology, you couldn't name a Constitutionalist from the democrat side of the aisle and you can't name a democrat who is serious about reigning in spending in any serious way, particularly the entitlement spending that constitututes the majority of that nearly 70 Trillion dollars

You should read his speech again.I read it, it is recycled garbage, a call to raise taxes and expand the role of government to ensure fairness of outcomes because government could infact do that if only it were properly funded, problem is all of it's previous promises to do so are massively unfunded already...all wrapped up in a divisive theme that would be worthty of a Third World Dictator.....I hear there's a possibility of an opening in Venezuala that would be perfect for him

-spence
there was nothing in that speech that would cure the ills that he described, he was making a case for giving him more money to "invest" for us though his expansion of the Nanny State....no thanks

Last edited by scottw; 12-10-2011 at 09:22 PM..