View Single Post
Old 05-02-2003, 10:20 AM   #10
Jimbo

Fish Smoker

I'm supposed to be working today, also, but everyone else just took off to play golf so I'm camping out here for the rest of the day. I have no idea why anyone would want to be chasing a white ball on grass when they could be waist deep in the Atlantic slinging wood, but hey, to each his own.
I can see where Nils is going with this, converting an old grill into a smoker. I won't rain on his parade, but I think there are products out there that let you use your existing gas BBQ for smoking. What is boils down to is a metal box with holes that sits on the coals and you fill it with your wood chips. I think many grocery stores carry them where the charcoal is. Anyway, you only light the burners on that side and whatever you're is on the opposite side. You'd have to do some more internet research to get the details. I use an electric H2O smoker which I like because I feel like I have more control over the temperature and the liquid pot I can add flavors to, also. I know people also do it with a kettle type grill and charcoal, too. Smoked fish is ok, but personally if you're going to smoke something, I'd go with pulled pork, (accompanied by North Carolina bbq sauce,corn bread and cole slaw). Of course this thread is only starting to make me hungry, now.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote