View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 11:15 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Most people don’t want government involved in medical decisions that should be between patient and physician, nobody except Republican media thinks boy and girl locker rooms will be coed, most Americans think the wealthy should also pay taxes and most Americans think that they don’t want their kids to suffer lifelong effects of a disease that little is known about.

Demographics have spelled the end of the GOP for years; what we're seeing is the party's death throes.

That the GOP considers Herschel Walker qualified to serve in the US Senate, the DeSantis administration defining woke as “The belief there are systemic injustices in American society and their is a need to address them.” and Donald Trump's call to overthrow the Constitution as "he says many things" demonstrates beyond a doubt that it no longer has a reason to exist.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"Most people don’t want government involved in medical decisions that should be between patient and physician"

The data could not be more clear, Americans want access to abortion. It's a losing issue for Republicans in most places. But a fight worth fighting and losing in my opinion.

"nobody except Republican media thinks boy and girl locker rooms will be coed"

You're simply lying. Tell that to this high school female student who was expected to change in her locker room in front of a boy on her volleyball team, and she was suspended from school for complaining about it. Pete, you just flat-out lie when the facts don't fit. you're insane.

"Vermont's state law means that students can play sports and use the locker which correspond to the gender with which they identify. "

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...peaks-out.html

"most Americans think the wealthy should also pay taxes "

Then I have good news for you, the wealthy pay a hugely disproportionate share of federal income taxes. Can you name a single influential Republican ho says that the wealthy should pay no taxes? What re you referring to?

"Demographics have spelled the end of the GOP for years;"

Maybe. Yet Ron Desantis won Miami-Dade. And governor Youngkin did great with Hispanics. That tide may be changing, and not in a way that you'll like.

"what we're seeing is the party's death throes."

You say so.

"That the GOP considers Herschel Walker qualified to serve in the US Senate"

He's a godawful candidate. But he's no worse by any measure, than Fetterman. Except you agree with Fettermans policies.

"Donald Trump's call to overthrow the Constitution"

I posted that here, I'm the one who posted it. I will never vote for him again. But your side makes a constant habit of ignoring the parts of the constitution they don't happen to like, that's how Roe got decided in the first place. That's how affirmative action is allowed, how Christian bakers are forced to participate in gay weddings, it's how churches ere shut down during covid but liquor stores stayed open. it all requires a willful disregard of the constitution, no different from what Trump is calling for - trashing the parts of the constitution that you don't happen to like.

"most Americans think that they don’t want their kids to suffer lifelong effects of a disease that little is known about. "

SO there's a disease that hurts kids that republicans like? What is it, exactly?

All your certainty about how out of touch the GOP is, and yet they control the house, at least 49% of the senate, and a majority of state governorships and legislatures.

Why is that?