View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 10:52 AM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Pat Buchanan and Newt Gingrich are comparable to Trump?

Most americans care about issues and results, not endless character smears. if you look at which party controls what, it’s hard to conclude that we’re not a pretty equally divided, if not a slightly center-right country. I don’t say that only because i like it ( though i do like it), i say it because i don’t think the facts can be taken any other way.

Most people don’t want abortions into the 9th month, they don’t want their daughters being forced to change with boys in girls locker rooms, they don’t want taxes higher than they need to be, and they sure don’t want to be told their kids can’t have normal childhoods because of covid. at the same time, americans don’t want anything to do with trump, they don’t want abortion bans in many states, they don’t want so many AR-15s. .

Taking all that into account, the gop is in a slightly better spot right now.
Most people don’t want government involved in medical decisions that should be between patient and physician, nobody except Republican media thinks boy and girl locker rooms will be coed, most Americans think the wealthy should also pay taxes and most Americans think that they don’t want their kids to suffer lifelong effects of a disease that little is known about.

Demographics have spelled the end of the GOP for years; what we're seeing is the party's death throes.

That the GOP considers Herschel Walker qualified to serve in the US Senate, the DeSantis administration defining woke as “The belief there are systemic injustices in American society and their is a need to address them.” and Donald Trump's call to overthrow the Constitution as "he says many things" demonstrates beyond a doubt that it no longer has a reason to exist.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin