View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 11:24 AM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
They are undermining the concept of a free democracy, and abusing the freedoms that many have fought to secure.

I feel the same things but theses feeling are not about the liberals .. they are from those who see the world thru the same lens as you do .. the wish to go back in time . and ignore the present and refuse to move the country into the future ..
"I feel the same things but theses feeling are not about the liberals .. "

Right. Because since you agree with them, it's OK when they are unfair or dishonest. Yu only expect those with whom you disagree, to play by the rules.

"the wish to go back in time . and ignore the present and refuse to move the country into the future "

You're god damn right I want to go back in time. As I said, I remember when it was fun and safe to visit cities like Hartford and New Haven. I remember when it was expected that families would stay in tact, and that people took a long term view of things, rather than acting only on what feels good right now. If that's progress, you can keep it.

So according to you, what has happened in cities like Chicago over the last 50 years is "progress".

When what's in front of you is a cliff, I don't see how driving forward at 100 mph is a good thing.

Anyway, I made a ton of valid points, using actual historical facts to support my positions, and naturally, the best you could do is come back with a vague insult that I am afraid of the future, and therefore regressive, and therefore I am inferior.

Not a single fact, not even a specific opinion, to refute one syllable I typed.

When we can point to things in the past that actually worked and bore fruit, is it really bad to endorse a return to those things? Especially when you can point to the horrible effects of liberalism?

WDMSO, exactly how bad do things have to get in the black community, before liberals conclude, that liberalism isn't working? How much worse do things have to get, before you can agree, that the policies embraced in our cities, in any black area for that matter, are simply bad policies?