View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 04:58 PM   #13
5/0
Eels

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlite View Post
So truns out it was a 9 yr tank that went after only 6 yrs. No one knew who put it in ( no plumber co sticker on it) and no one could find paper work for it. so I was able to spend a day gettin transferred around GE customer service and they were able to at least determine it was bought at Home Depot and they were able to create a return ticket for me there. Of course it was gonna be pro rated.
Got tank out and it was nasty bad rusted gooped up sludge came out. Well water can suck.
Dragged it to the depot and got lucky. A meat popsicle was workin returns and couldnt figure anything out so she give me a $400 home depoop card and told me to go get a new one. I think she did the pro rated thing wrong cause new it was $500.
So new hot water heater only cost $185 and a lot of aggravation for me
Of course as it is a new one, none of water or gas lines matched up so that was fun plumbin.
Back in business
But this is only a 5 yr tank so im sure ill be back here in 2 yrs
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
On most units the serial number will divulge birth date and where it was manufactured warranty ect...

Normally you don't have to bring the whole unit back we just snip the mfg sticker off with snips and bring that back.

Glad you were able to get it done.

You can de scale your hot water tank it will help prolong it's life and will also help it's efficiency.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Live bait sharp hooks and timing is all you need
5/0 is offline   Reply With Quote