View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 10:35 AM   #15
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Wow - I've read every Harry Potter and seen every movie, love 'em all. Never lived at home after I was 18 and far from a techno-geek. When I was single I had more than enough girls. My wife and many of her friends, all active, attractive moms in the ealry 40s have read all the Twilight books and get together to see the movies.
I guess Star Wars is for all the losers who dream of fighting the "dark side" and Raiders of the Lost Ark for the homeless that like to find treasures in peoples garbage?
Many people enjoy fantasy as it takes us away from the real world. Harry Potter is a brilliantly creative adventure series. Twilight is a teenie-bopper romance, but it attracts women because of the pure-romance element (there is NO sex in the books/film).
You should open your mind a bit, you may enjoy this stuff if you gave it a shot.

Exactly.....and as an I.T. guy I take offense to the Techno-geek reference

I've never read the potter books but I've seen all the movies and have enjoyed them immensely

Another thing that you can credit Harry Potter w/ is the fact that it got kids excited about reading....before that when was the last time you saw kids lining up at midnight for a book.

Twilight's target audience is the same target audience as Tiger beat magazine....the 12-16 year old girls.....the Mom's enjoy the Romance aspect of them.

Horror Movies, by far, are my favorite Genre of movies.....I love everything about them from the Silent classics to the modern day slasher flicks....they are all fun to watch.

FT if you liked Blade and you want to see some good Vampire flicks like it check out John Carpenter's Vampires....thats a lot of fun to watch with some great killings

Also check out Near Dark....it is what Twilight would be if a Guy wrote it.

Interview w/ a Vampire, Great Book....Movie, ah, not so much. That was a movie that should have been made by an independent film company w/ some no-name actors......Marquis stars just weren't right for it.....although I thought Antonio Banderas was really good in his role.

Like Jimmy said.....fantasy takes you away from the real world.....Which has a tendency to suck sometimes

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote