View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 05:54 PM   #44
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
No.
A large portion of our understanding is based on direct measurements compared against the instrumental record and against the geological record, including things like ice cores. I am a field scientist, I am inherently skeptical of models, but when models have the ability to align well with observations (see Stephan rahmasdorf’s 2007 paper on sea level rise) using data not used to make the model, I take notice.

This (below) is a nice explanation of how climate models work, particularly about how the point of the models is to show the trends and not make a prediction of a date/time/magnitude. But you know all this, we have been around and around on this before. The whole political forum is a circle jerk of the two sides just aiming at each other same #^&#^&#^&#^&. Boring.....

https://youtu.be/3v9aRQpumPA
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I need to remind you, they can’t hear you with their heads in the sand. Even that excellent and clear video explanation won’t be believed, but when that point of no return hits their children or their children’s kids smack dab in the face, they won’t hear the crying from six feet under.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Got Stripers; 07-17-2019 at 06:09 PM..