Thread: MOAB
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 03:27 PM   #25
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
nothing but a operational field test of a weapon and another PR stunt

not sure if they did this but I would of had troops on the ground 5 mins after it was dropped conducting mop up operations and intel gathering and battle damage assessments if this didn't happen what a waste of money and time just a dog and pony show

The Pentagon gave no casualty totals for the bombing

36 Isis militants killed in US 'mother of all bombs' attack, Afghan ministry says

One MOAB Costs $16 Million

That means 16,000,000 divided by 36 = $444,444 per dead ..
Where did you get one MOAB costs $16 Million? is that real or fake news?

http://www.businessinsider.com/real-...170-000-2017-4

"The US's Massive Ordnance Air Blast bomb does not cost $314 million, or $16 million, but $170,000 a unit, the US Air Force told Business Insider on Friday.

The weapon, whose acronym inspired the nickname "Mother of All Bombs," was produced by the Air Force, not by a third party like Lockheed or Boeing, "so we don't have a standard procurement cost associated with them," an Air Force official said.

The $170,000 figure makes sense considering a general-purpose 1,000-pound MK-83 costs about $12,000. The MOAB simply features more high explosives and larger fins to direct the GPS-guided munition.

Many outlets, including The New York Times and Business Insider, inaccurately stated the cost of the MOAB as being in the millions. Business Insider's article has since been corrected to reflect this information."

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"