View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 01:38 PM   #21
Rockfish9

I didnt fish plugs as much this season... when I did it was spooks and small ( 6") dannys.. mostly in June in the river, day break highs ...for the most part this year they were fusy little @*&%^%$ and wanted meat... September brought some hungry fish that keyed in on sand eels on the beach ( when the wind allowed) .. that thin Pinkney ispired sand eel was hot for the second year in a row... I need to make more, i gave away most, my second to last trip found large (high twenty to low 30lb) bass hanging behind the moored sail boats on the drop, the trick was to cast the plug tight to the stern, you knew with in 3 casts weather they were there or to move to the next boat, well one particular fish streaked off running up current. in and out of the "fleet" of moored boats... a managed to free her from a few of them, but in the end.. she swims with my last sand eel plug...

as far as the duds... the only one is the small Gibbs inspired darter that the Professor brought by my house...I copied things pretty close... some swim better than others, some play turttle... I've had pretty good luck with darters, but this aint one of them, i need to relive this one a bit..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sand eels 2010.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	42319  

Last edited by Rockfish9; 11-05-2010 at 01:41 PM.. Reason: spelling

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote