Thread: Ocean closed
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 06:39 AM   #90
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
That would be fine if they were local organizations....but all 3 sites I listed bill themselves as a National Organization. And they want to be taken seriously on the National stage.

Take a kid who has just hit voting age...he is trying to be responsible and do the research to find his political identity, He goes to the Republican Party website and looks at their Platform, He goes to the Democrat Website and looks at their platform....then starts to look at the Tea Party and finds dozens of websites that are all over the place on what their platform is.

Its been said before....most voters are stupid....so why make it anymore difficult to them to identify with the Tea Party.

To me its a Marketing thing.....they should fire their marketing guy cause he's terrible
apples and oranges, they are not political parties as the democrat and repub party, they are issue oriented organizations....they may endorse candidates of any affiliation....just like the various unions...I'm sure that there is different wording in their various charters....you are attempting to lump anyone who identifies as a tea party member or affiliate as if there is one national organization and there is not...I'd prefer that they focus locally and not become a large centrally run from Washington organization lest they become one more spoke in the broken wheel...and if a youngster feeling their way or anyone else for that matter goes to those websites and is confused regarding what they claim to stand for....then they are stupid...and need a US History refresher course

go to this site and click any state on the right.....a myriad of local organizations..

http://www.teaparty911.com/info/loca...ode_island.htm

the difference between the tea party types and the unions being that the tea party types are organizing locally and nationally to protect their freedoms and the union types organize locally and nationally to protect their place at the trough.....

this is not accurate:

" that are all over the place on what their platform is."

Last edited by scottw; 10-09-2013 at 07:14 AM..