View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 07:56 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
don't let the fact that conservatives , as a whole , donate more of their income to help those less fortunate, than do liberals get in the way of your narrative .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
They ignore all facts that reject The Narrative. That's why I say you can't be liberal if you are honest and thoughtful. It's simply not possible.

Here is the study that you and I refer to, published in that right-wing rag called the New York Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/op...stof.html?_r=0

"households headed by conservatives give 30 percent more to charity than households headed by liberals. A study by Google found an even greater disproportion: average annual contributions reported by conservatives were almost double those of liberals.

Other research has reached similar conclusions. The “generosity index” from the Catalogue for Philanthropy typically finds that red states are the most likely to give to nonprofits, while Northeastern states are least likely to do so."

Not all conservatives are generous, not all liberals are stingy. My point is that neither side can claim to have a monopoly on compassion. So when people like Paul claim that conservatives have no empathy, they are making fools of themselves. If they keep saying it enough, I guess it is assumed to be true. But a tiny speck of intellectual honesty, exposes this liberal myth for what it is - made up jibberish that is designed to cancel the debate, rather than to win the debate.

This is a political platform that literally requires dishonesty and thoughtlessness.