View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 10:20 PM   #10
ridler72
Lubina Estriada!

I fished the Titusville area Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon. Rebel Jumping Minnow in Bone with a red marker to make it a red head. This will help to stand out in the dark water. Top water was effective first thing in the morning and then in the evening.

White or White with Chartrues tail Exudes RT Slug 5" on a 4/0 offset hook worked great when you needed weedless and to work the 1' depths. Trout and Reds would hit it. Exudes RT slug in funky chicken also worked. I also did well on Exudes on 1/8- to 3/8ounce red jig head.

Speckled Trout loved the White Slug rigged weedless in the skinny water. Nice to watch your offering get slammed.

These are good colors for the stained or dark water or clear water during early morning or evening. If your working flats in the sun you want a natural color. Greens and Alewife Finesse work good. Powerbait is very popular as well. The only one I used was the Nuclear Chicken in the dark water. Powerbait is expensive and you can go through a pack real fast, especially if the puffer fish are around. lol

Last edited by ridler72; 11-17-2006 at 10:27 PM..

Kayak Fishing Baby! Fish Reel Hard!
ridler72 is offline   Reply With Quote