View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 09:31 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Not uncommon for the minority party to engage in wide-spread obstructionism. The Dems did it to Bush (big time, inventing the phrase "got Borked"), the GOP did it to Obama, now the Dems will do it to Trump. When you are in the minority, it's not a bad idea to obstruct, that's all you can sometimes do.

With this administration, of course, it has been taken to a whole new level. But you can't say that Trump doesn't bring some of it on himself.

I think I hope he doesn't run again in 2020, it's not healthy for the republic. I want someone who, unlike Bush, won't sit there and watch the liberals call him Hitler. I want someone who will respond, but not someone who will respond like a sophomoric bully, which is what we have now. Give me someone like Trey Gowdy, or Senator Tom Cotton (Harvard Law graduate, decorated lieutenant in the US Army, he is going places!), who won't tell us the other side is wrong, but rather, will show us the other side is wrong.

When both sides are forced to abandon the personal attacks and focus on the merits of the issues, in my opinion, conservatives win handily. Which is why liberals shy away from discussing the merits of most issues, and instead immediately go to accusations of racism, sexism, some kind of hate mongering. For the sake of Paul S, not all liberals do that. But a lot of liberal politicians and media types do it. Some conservatives do it too of course, but not as widespread (IMO).