Thread: mexico report
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 11:18 AM   #1
niko

mexico report

spent a week in Riviera maya, south of cancun, and was able to sneak some fishing in. hit the surf one morning - got a couple of small barracuda and something that looked like a big scup with a few extra colors. there was a constant east wind on the east facing beach with a lot of weed in the water so surf fishing was a bit tough. had 2 charters lined up but got blown out for 1 of them. the other day was pretty good. we fished out of a 28' panga with a guy who specializes in vertical jigging, most of the boats down there only troll. there is a big barrier reef that runs the length of the coast a mile or 2 off the beach. we jigged in 350' of water with long thin jigs and it was a steady pick of fish. caught some amberjacks, almaco jacks and blackfin tunas. only problem was the place is infested with sharks and huge barracudas. we did not get 1 fish to the boat in one piece, everything got attacked on the way up. I got 1 tuna up intact and a huge cuda came out of nowhere and savaged it next to the boat. saw a couple of sailfish but couldn't get tight to them. the amberjacks were pretty badass and the blackfin were big for blackfin and were a blast to catch -prob 30 pounds or so. pics came out #^&#^&#^&#^&ty but you get the idea. time to go haddock fishing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4834.jpg (97.0 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4843.jpg (198.9 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4844.jpg (136.2 KB, 38 views)

my 1st wife didn't like me fishing so much
niko is offline   Reply With Quote