Thread: Space force
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 08:00 PM   #43
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The problem is that once again Trump doesn't understand that he does not rule.
He cannot create anything, he needs Congress to do it.
He can create many things, he can executive order many things. If you want them to stick then you need to go through Congress. As we see with a lot of O's great achievements with the Pen, the current administration can undo them. If it is good for the country, have Congress pass it into law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I will admit that I don't understand why we need NASA, Air Force and Space Force as separate entities. They seem to be redundant and on the development and operations sides the personnel would be very similar.
NASA should keep up with peaceful exploration, the military in space will need to break things, or prevent other nation states from breaking ours. There was once a great stride in non-militarization of space, we are behind. It will cost us big if there is a peer level conflict. It ain't pretty but it is fact. The US, for all our many faulkts and warts, are FAR better on the world stage than RUS/PRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I guess cost of living isn't a consideration in your eyes
Very much so, and it is reflected in our taxes. You pay taxes? Funny how all those backwards, redneck places can provide good services for their citizens, and we pay through the nose and have billions in unfunded liabilities.

I guess your state & towns living within their means isn't a consideration in your eyes.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: