Thread: hobies...
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 06:45 AM   #5
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I have to say they are worth the money, because I have a set of docks I fish every May, where bass stage in large numbers and set up to feed on bait as the heavy current hits the floats and the key to catching is to flip small plastic to the upcurrent side of the floats and it's a fish on most every cast. Yesterday I reversed the drive on the Hobie PA14 and used the paddles to get me in between two sets of floats and then used the drive to keep the kayak in reverse and allow me to work back and forth to flip plastic against the dozen boat slips that are still without boats this time of year. It's like patting your head, rubbing your belly and saying your ABC's backwords, when trying to release a scrappy 26" fish, while trying to avoid a strong current pulling you into the floats or backing up too much and into the floats behind you, but this Kayak is that flexible to allow for that approach. Caught 50+ fish and probably a dozen just under legal size, until I decided that was good enough for day one in the salt.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote