View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 07:44 PM   #47
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
It’s one thing to negotiate with a big stick in one hand and a carrot in the other, it’s quite another thing when Trump insults every American with a brain when he states he believes them when they lie about knowledge of involvement in these humanitarian crimes.

It's quite possible that Trump is just being diplomatic--just saving Kim's face in order to make negotiations less difficult than they already, and monumentally, are. It's even possible that out of the thousands, if not millions, of humanitarian crimes committed by the NK regime, Kim is not personally aware of particular cases.

I think Trump understands that either directly, or indirectly, Kim, being the "supreme leader" of a very harsh and secretive dictatorship, is ultimately responsible for the crimes of his regime. But in the context of their private conversation, Kim may have laid out a plausible deniability. Making nice, rather than being righteously blunt, may be the discretion that is the better part of valor, so to speak, to create a more feasible condition for negotiations.

As to the video this country gives these people the right to free speech and it doesn’t surprise me there are a small number in elected offices.

It's not about a small number in elected offices. It is about the backing of the Communist party which has its tentacles spreading out to the Democrat party machines in many if not most of the states and other sectors of the country including the labor movement. The Dem/Commie connection, since the 1930's has been huge and devastating, both nationally and internationally. The deliverance of Eastern Europe, China, and NK, into the Communist sphere is directly attributed to Communist infiltration of the Democrat party. The constant drift to the left of the Democrat Party is in no small part due to Communist rhetoric lifted from Communist "aids" and district "helpers" who influence local campaigns throughout the country. The CPUSA just a few years ago sued the Democrat Party for stealing its "intellectual property" from their platform which wound up in the Democrat platform.

All of this is played down, dismissed, or totally disregarded, especially by the mostly left leaning MSM, academia, and the Democrat party. That you don't know about it, or that it can be poo-pooed as conspiracy or Republican fear mongering, or just a few elected officials is testimony to the effectiveness of the fake media effect. And that cows many to shy away from saying anything for fear of being marginalized as kooks or worse. It can cost friends as well as jobs in various milieus, especially academia and the media of all sorts.

It’s also more troubling to me if the Trump family has ties to Russia, the Saudi or anyone else that may be influencing decisions, then a handful of elected officials.

You might want to reconsider what is more troubling, a family possibly having unspecified and uncorroborated "ties" to Russia (which may be a politically motivated accusation and which whatever ties actually exist may be legitimate) and which may influence decisions by a President who would have little effective power against the opposition of both parties . . . or a political party with a proven history of effectual coordination with, and a current corroborated connection with, the Communist party that has and is influencing decisions.

If a republican candidate other than Trump were to run in 2020, against a Democrat I don’t feel is as qualified, I’d have a choice; which I don’t feel I had in the last election. I don’t like Trump as a person, from what I’ve read I wouldn’t like him as a businessman and I certainly don’t like him as our potus. I think he is dangerous on many levels, but again you are ok with the means as you personally are happy with the end results.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I don't know of any nefarious or destructive means that Trump is employing as POTUS. I am not in like with him. And I'm certainly not in like with the Democrat Party. Nor am I in much like with the Republican party. At least there is no evidence that the Republicans are in bed with the Commies.

I mostly, not entirely, like Rand Paul. I sort of like Ted Cruz. I have a like for the freedom caucus in the Repub Party. Not a whole lot more like for the the Repubs. I like no-one or anything about the Democrat Party. There used to be some Dems in the past that I liked. Scoop Jackson. Sam Nunn. A few others who's names escape me offhand. But those types are long gone. The rising stars of the Democrat party are scary.

So I don't vote by like. They all try to be likeable. Phonies that lead us into a rabbit hole of debt and stupidity and constitutional destruction.

Last edited by detbuch; 03-02-2019 at 08:38 PM..