Thread: Oil
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 09:17 AM   #17
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

I cant believe anyone

picked anything but the last choice. It isn't either party that has influence over the price of gas. Unless of course they nationalize the companies, but that would only work for all the oil and gas actually mined in this country.
The middlemen/women who sit in the futures offices bid the price up and down all day/week/year long are the people everyone needs to look at. If Iran burps nuclear in the morning, in the mideast, by afternoon, a price change, higher, is in effect, because of the ayatollahs gas (yes this is a cheap play on words) problem. If Iran makes nice and Chavez in Venezuela are in good modds then there is no price change.
I agree with Spence about the context of the question. To me there is little difference between dems and repubs. The dems want to do everything for you and the repubs want you to do everything for yourself. The dems want total control of all funds, giving different projects seperate checks. The repubs like giving money in blocks (block grants) to groups or municipalities and let those persons dole out the money. Dems and Repubs all want a safer, more affluent society with equal/better education for all. They just differ on how to arrive at that point.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman