View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 09:53 AM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Acting Secretary Wolf defended the tactic of proactively arresting demonstrators that are attacking federal police officers and federal property.

"Anytime that you attack a federal facility such as a courthouse in Portland that is a federal crime," Wolf said. "Attacking federal police officers -- law enforcement officers -- which they have done for 52 nights in a row is a federal crime. So, the Department [of Homeland Security], because we don't have that local support, that local law enforcement support, we are having to go out and proactively arrest individuals and we need to do that because we need to hold them accountable."

"This idea that they can attack federal property and law enforcement officers and go to the other side of the street and say you can't touch me is ridiculous," Wolf continued. "We don't do that in any other type of law enforcement. We pursue a criminal, we investigate, we pull them over if we have probable cause. We arrest them, we charge them, and we prosecute them. And you need to hold individuals accountable and when we don't do that I think we get what we see in Portland today."

What Wolf said sounds reasonable to me. What's your problem with it?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin