View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 07:26 AM   #39
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
if that is $1000 "per year" that is approximately what my car and life insurance costs and I can't remember the last time I made a claim for car ins...or life...obviously......you want a lot for a very little= health insurance for $83 a month...you want unlimited visits, no co-pay and free meds too?...my answer is I'd like to pay for what I want and need from a competitive market....
It's really hard to get a straight answer around here. Does your answer mean you would like to not need insurance, or is it some imaginary competitive price?
Healthcare costs per capita in developed nations including public funds average around $5000 per year, we pay twice that of which over $4000 is public funds. So my answer of $1000 to your question is actually a total cost of $5000 one way or another. Switzerland has a competitive system (private insurance) and they come closest to our costs, but because they also have some government controls are less expensive.
Here is the question in case you forgot.
How much do you guess you would have to pay for an insurance policy that paid for all the things needed for you to live a reasonable life?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin