View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 09:48 AM   #6
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
I can't believe they are not as well stocked on saltwater gear as fresh!!! They have many stores right on the coast do they not??? I think they need to spend more time researching the types of fishing that are done in the areas they plan to open their stores!
I went in with the bride a couple weeks ago. Lots of stuff for freshwater, hunting, and a marginal supply of saltwater stuff. Saltwater stuff we would typically use. I saw some stuff I expected to see and thee are a couple things I've been wanting to try but had not ordered online.

Some prices were good and some were no better than expected. Only one wooden vendor at the time - Gibbs.

All in all I may pop in from time to time but after the initial overwhelming of being in the place I'm sure 90%$ of my shopping remains where it is now. And should you want to drop $200 on the reel that is $210 at the local shop - ask the local guy to match or even split the difference for $205

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
even locally I bet the ratio is 10 to 1 fishers of freshwater to salt.
Probably right the more I think about it - especially as people will road trip from all over seeing that until now the closest were Harrisburg/Baltimore/western NY...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luds48 View Post
Did they have alot of saltwater rods?
They had a fair selection, slightly better than what a #^&#^&#^&#^&s or SA would have as they did have some St Croix stuff. As usual, not a SINGLE one of the Ugly Sticks I checked out was splined right - NOT ONE!!!! Some other decent "cheap" surfstucks were there.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote